Certifications document a student’s progress through Watershape University (WU) and, ultimately, to the International Watershape Institute (IWI). Credentials can be obtained at multiple steps as the student progresses from a beginning student (“freshman”) to more advanced levels of training and expertise (“senior” and “post-graduate” levels). Credentials are acknowledged via wall certificates and digital badging that is verifiable at verify.watershape.org.
The Certified Watershape Foreman (CWF) validates that the recipient has met the globally-recognized professional standard to execute construction of basic pools, spas and other water features. This standard requires verification of professional education and training as well as passing a professional certification exam. This designation is a prerequisite to most advanced credentials.
Watershape University’s Certified Watershape Foreman (CWF) certification is recognized by the following jurisdictions:
- Complete WU CONSTRUCTION 2111: Essential Pool Construction, or pre-approved equivalent. All students receive a Certificate of Completion and 2.4 IACET CEUs after completing C2111 even if they do not pursue the CWF Certification.
- Submit equivalent accredited course(s) to satisfy education requirements on the University Portal here.
- Apply for Certified Watershape Foreman (CWF) Exam below
- Pay $100 Exam Fee below
- Sign/Accept the WU Code of Ethics below
- Sign/Accept the WU Standards of Practice below
- Pass the Certified Watershape Foreman (CWF) Exam
Watershape University was founded with a principle of accessibility — allowing students of all levels to obtain meaningful high-quality education at lower cost and reduced travel expense. Portability is a key component of access and is an important principle and reason for institutions to obtain and maintain accreditation such as IACET.
All Non-WU courses need to be pre-approved if you wish to use them as a substitute for education requirements. We will happily accept any third-party accredited program that achieves the same learning outcomes as Watershape University’s Essential Classes:
CONSTRUCTION 2111: Essential Pool Construction:
- 24 hour minimum duration
- 3rd party accreditation (e.g., ABET, ACCE, CMAA, IACET, NAAB)
- List engineering disciplines: geotechnical, hydraulic, structural and electrical
- Examine project layout, form design/construction, shotcrete application and waterproofing measures
- Examine artisan points: tile and coping, decking, plaster preparations, cementitious finishes, materials science
- Discuss start-up procedures, punch-list execution and project conclusion/hand over
PHTA/GENESIS CONSTRUCTION 201: Basic Pool Construction is an approved equivalent.
Please submit certificates of completion or transcripts from other institutions by uploading via your personal account on the University Portal here.
Exam / Assessment
- Proctored online exam
- Schedule exam at your convenience 24/7
- Pass with a minimum score of 75%
Is this certification accepted by PHTA?
Watershape University is completely independent of PHTA and has obtained approvals from licensing jurisdictions directly. PHTA has no authority over Watershape University and is not required to approve anything.
Will I still need a PHTA CBP to maintain my license?
No. Licensing authorities cannot single-source education and certifications. Continuing education, certifications, and licensing requirements can be obtained through Watershape University completely independent of PHTA.
If you have any other questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Certified Watershape Foreman (CWF) certification is the root of several design-build and trade certifications. The CWF is also the core of contractor licensing in several jurisdictions. CWF certification is a prerequisite for the following certifications.
Click badges for details.