CONSTRUCTION 3611: Essential Plaster Workshop
This class defines and resolves frustrating disconnects that have long existed between pool builders, plaster applicators and service technicians. By combining these three disciplines and the key phases they encompass, students completing this class will fully understand concrete pool expectations in terms of finished application, successful start-up and satisfying project goals and intentions. The instructor panel features top experts in their respective fields: Bill Drakeley (concrete), Jon Temple (plaster) and Eric Knight (start-up/service). The curriculum includes both hands-on instruction for application techniques, lecture, and supplemental instruction and reference materials.
- Establish a base line of acceptable pool concrete surface substrates and surface profiles prepped and made ready for a new plaster application.
- Discuss and demonstrate (in class) plaster design and mixology with related cementitious chemistry of a typical plaster mix.
- Instruct on plaster application techniques and examine texture and bond ability characteristics.
- Introduce moisture and submersion of new plaster applications and teach start up and pool care techniques for the new plaster
Duration: 16 hours
IACET CEUs: 1.6
All students who complete the course and evaluation form receive a Certificate of Completion documenting 1.6 IACET CEUs even if they do not continue with the Certified Watershape Finish Specialist (CWFS) certification.
- See schedule for upcoming classes
- A typical course runs 8-hours per day spanning 2-consecutive days (16 hours)
- Complete attendance is required
- Ask questions as they come up
- Manual is provided in class
- Instructors are available for questions during the lectures
- Travel, lodging and meals are the responsibility of the student
- Watershape University provides lunch for all two days
Watershape University’s CONSTRUCTION 3611: Essential Plaster Workshop provides the foundation for the Certified Watershape Finish Specialist (CWFS) certification.
CONSTRUCTION 3611: Essential Plaster Workshop supports the following certifications:
Certified Watershape Finish Specialist (CWFS) more→
CONSTRUCTION 3611: Essential Plaster Workshop is intended for and attended by builders, installers, consultants, contractors, subcontractors, and service and maintenance professionals — particularly those looking to expand their construction services into plaster and aggregate interior pool finishes.
Level: 3 – Junior / Intermediate / Practical Application
The prerequisite for CONSTRUCTION 3611: Essential Plaster Workshop is:
- CONSTRUCTION 2111: Essential Pool Construction more→
CONSTRUCTION 3611: Essential Plaster Installation
- Live In-Person | International Pool | Pool | Patio Expo | Las Vegas, NV | November 13-14, 2022 | 16-hours | 1.6 IACET CEUs | Instructors: Eric Knight, John Temple, William T. Drakeley, ACI, IWI | register now→
William T. Drakeley, ACI, IWI
President — Drakeley Pool Company
William Drakeley is an award-winning shotcrete technologist specializing in concrete science and construction, particularly shotcrete applications, techniques and standards, with thirty years (+) experience in shotcrete installation, waterfeature and geotech design and construction. Services include consultation and review, training and testing and expert testimony. He’s principal and founder of Drakeley Pool Company, a luxury design and build firm based in New England; and, Drakeley Industries, an international consulting firm focusing on shotcrete applications and techniques, notably providing training for the New York City Metropolitan Transit Authority underground tunneling projects.
An educator and advocate for high industry standards, Bill has most recently developed and launched Watershape University (WU) with colleague David Peterson, P.E. to provide the highest quality of live instruction of business, design, engineering and construction programs to students of all levels of pool, spa, aquatics and outdoor living sectors. Bill has conducted trainings for the Colorado School of Mines, the American Society of Landscape Architects (CT), World of Concrete, GENESIS 3, Aqua Show, NESPA, and others. His technical writings have been widely published in trade magazines and e-publications.