Well-crafted presentations help homeowners visualize their watershapes and surrounding landscape. In this introductory course, students spend a day receiving instruction and practicing the dynamic art of perspective drawing. This essential skill enables better graphical communication between students and their clients, consultants and contractors.
- List basic perspective drawing and presentation skills.
- Define visual attributes including plan views, elevations, sections, detailing and lettering.
- Explore linear perspectives through one- and two-point techniques used to create visual depth in two dimensions.
- Identify common drawing flaws and errors in perspective.
- Duration: 8 hours
- IACET CEUs: 0.8
- All students who complete the course and evaluation form receive a Certificate of Completion documenting 0.8 IACET CEUs even if they do not continue with the Certified Watershape Designer (CWD) certification.
There is one option:
- See schedule for upcoming classes
- A typical course runs 8-hours in a single day
- Complete attendance is required
- Ask questions as they come up
- Manual is provided in class
- Instructors are available for questions during the lectures
- Travel, lodging and meals are the responsibility of the student
- Watershape University provides lunch
Check back soon — our schedule may update at any time.
Watershape University’s DESIGN 1111: Essential Perspective Drawing Workshop gives students an invaluable tool: the ability to communicate design using a pencil and paper. Even if you are already modeling with the latest software, this program will teach you new skills and they don’t require electricity.
DESIGN 1111: Essential Perspective Drawing Workshop supports the following certifications:
Licensing and CEUs
The Certified Watershape Designer (CWD) certification may be used for contractor licensing and required continuing education in certain jurisdictions. The CWD certification builds upon the CWF certification; therefore, all Certified Watershape Designers (CWDs) are also CWFs which support licensing in the following jurisdictions:
DESIGN 1111: Essential Perspective Drawing Workshop is intended for and attended by designers, builders, installers, consultants, contractors, and subcontractors.
Level: 1 – Freshman / Introduction / Basic Knowledge
There are no prerequisites for DESIGN 1111: Essential Perspective Drawing Workshop
DESIGN 1111: Essential Perspective Drawing Workshop, or approved equal, is a prerequisite for the following programs:
Manual Table of Contents
- Drawing Tools and Their Use
- Parallel Axonometry, Orthographic Projection and Drawing
- Lettering, Leaders and Dimensioning
- Axonometric Projection, Isometric Views and Drawing
- Advanced Isometric Drawing
- Horizon Lines, Vanishing Points and One-Point Perspective Drawing
- Advanced One-Point Perspective Drawing
- Two-Point Perspective Drawing
- Intro to Three-Point Perspective Drawing
- Two-Point Perspective Drawing Project
Michael Nantz, IWI
Nantz is principal and founder of Elite Concepts, Inc., an international, progressive design/build firm of refined watershapes located in Dallas, Texas since 1991. With a vast geographical reach — currently some 76 cities, 11 states, 2 Territories, 5 countries — Mike’s work product is in high demand. With a depth of industry expertise, he is frequently retained by architects, landscape architects, contractors, pool builders and home owners, as well as attorneys in need of expert witness. Passionate about education, Nantz is a Watershape University faculty member and serves as the University’s first Dean of Culture. Mike has lectured and instructed across the United States, Canada and Europe on subjects directly related to swimming pool design, construction and business practices.